Home » Forums » DBManager General

New user with CPanel experience seeks help. (1328 previews)
New user with CPanel experience seeks help. Posted in 28th, 02/2006 07:48 by fatblokeonbike
I write Content Management System web sites for my "customers" who are small charities and small voluntary support groups.
I am accustomed to working my customers' web sites on my web host's servers through CPanel, and I do not want to run a server on my desktop machine. How can I progress in your environment?
Iain Lang /
Re: New user with CPanel experience seeks help. Posted in 01th, 03/2006 06:01 by support
Hi,

You can do this in two different ways:

1) Using DBmanager to connect directly to the database server. In this you will need to ask the system adiministrator to provide you the IPAddress/Hostname and user/password in order to connect to the server. See that if the ISP has firewall or any security rules this may not work correctly. Also the system administrator may need to GRANT the required privileges in order to the remote connection to work correctly.

2) Using the MySQL WebServices. This will only work if you use MySQL, for other database engines there is no way to accomplish this, yet. In the DBManager's manuals you will find all information needed to install and setup a remote connection to the webserver. This step works even if your ISP doesn't provide remote connections, but it will require a Webserver with PHP capabilities.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: New user with CPanel experience seeks help. Posted in 02th, 03/2006 05:28 by fatblokeonbike
For some reason, I am unable to read the reply to this.
Iain Lang /
Re: New user with CPanel experience seeks help. Posted in 02th, 03/2006 09:14 by support
Hi,

This reply uses a different font size.

First I would like to say that the content is not unreadable. The current layout is being available for years and we have not received any complaints until now.

In order to help you a little bit, this reply only uses a different font size, with instructions on how to read the last reply with your answer:

- Open the last reply with the solution to your problem
- Copy the content into the clippboard
- Paste it into Notepad/Wordpad for example

I believe this will make at least the information you need readable in your system.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: New user with CPanel experience seeks help. Posted in 02th, 03/2006 09:29 by fatblokeonbike
You jest. I should do all that because you have chosen too small a typeface size?
Your material has just been removed from my hard disc.
Goodbye.
Iain Lang /
New user with CPanel experience seeks help. (1328 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General