Home » Forums » DBManager General

How do I establish a local directory for database dump and restore on remote server? (1390 previews)
How do I establish a local directory for database dump and restore on remote server? Posted in 15th, 01/2006 04:15 by j_schatz
Support,

I am able to sucessfully do a dump and load of a table on my local PC. The dump data (SQL/DDL) is stored in a directory on my C: drive on my local PC. I then used FTP to transfer my most recent saved table (SQL/DDL file format) to the web hosting server and placed it in a directory. I have a connection open to the web server through DBTools Professional. I click on "Load" to restore the table on the web server. I assumed that I could browse to the directory where I just placed my uploaded file, and load from it. The popup lists file choices but they are all in terms of my C: drive on my local PC. How can I get DBTools Professional establish a dump/restore directory relative to the web server and not my local PC?

Thanks
Jim /
Re: How do I establish a local directory for database dump and restore on remote server? Posted in 16th, 01/2006 09:10 by support
Hi,

This is actually not possible. The main reason is that webservers are read only disks in Windows. But you don't need to upload the dumped file anyway. You can keep all your backups locally. When you need to load a backup you just need to choose the files from your own disk.

TIP: MSWindows allows you to create a disk based on HTTP/FTP protocols. You can use this feature in order to create a virtual disk and use the webservers to hold all your backups. That way it would be possible to implement just what you need.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
How do I establish a local directory for database dump and restore on remote server? (1390 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General