Home » Forums » DBManager General

Importing ACCESS database with four tables omits Primary Keys (1502 previews)
Importing ACCESS database with four tables omits Primary Keys Posted in 19th, 12/2005 02:27 by tmergl
I have an ACCESS database which contains data from an IMPORT I did of some FoxPro tables.

When I import into DBTools, the primary keys are not being included during the import and I'm not getting any errors.

Any ideas?
Terry /
Re: Importing ACCESS database with four tables omits Primary Keys Posted in 19th, 12/2005 04:57 by support
Hi,

When importing data and structure using DAO Import Wizard the DAO/Jet doesn't expose the Indexes for the following sources:

- MSExcel
- FoxPro
- Clipper, Dbase III, IV, V (DBF Tables)
- Paradox
- Text CSV, HTML text files
- ODBC Datasources

As a matter of fact the only datasource that can expose the indexes is the MSAccess itself. On the other hand you can create the Indexes after the import in DBManager.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Importing ACCESS database with four tables omits Primary Keys Posted in 19th, 12/2005 06:03 by tmergl
It worked before in an older version I believe. That's how I originally got the data imported with primary keys.

We had to update the data so I decided to purchase your program and import again, but no luck.

That's my bread and butter for the web based queries.
Terry /
Importing ACCESS database with four tables omits Primary Keys (1502 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General