Home » Forums » DBManager General

Importing data from Paradox into MySQL (3060 previews)
Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 14th, 12/2005 09:14 by simonc-p
DbManager Professional 3.2.0

I have just upgraded and bought this version but cannot import paradox to mysql (5.0.15)(0 tables imported).

I can however do this in the older freeware version 3.0.2.

Microsoft office is installed

Any ideas - rather urgent thanks
Simon Cowell-Parker /
Re: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 14th, 12/2005 09:32 by support
Hi,

Are there any error messages? Usually all output from import/export are saved in the Workspace/Output Bar. If possible please send us the Paradox table so we can reproduce the problem.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 14th, 12/2005 11:32 by support
Hi,

It is a bug indeed. Not in the application but in the DBManager catalog.
The catalog distributed with DBManager was changed but some type conversion were incorrect. To fix it follow the steps:

- Open DBManager
- Select the menu option Tools => Data Management => Type Conversion
- Select the source engine MS DAO Access
- Select the target engine MySQL
- Edit the conversion for Double => Double
- Change the destination size and decimals to 20 and 4 respectivelly
- Do the same for type conversion Float => Float

That's it. As MSAccess doesn't not support the types DOUBLE and FLOAT with precisions (In SQL terms) the conversion is wrong for MySQL as it tries to create a field with DOUBLE(0,0). Using the approach above it will convert the fields to DOUBLE(20,4) or FLOAT(20,4) which is suitable for most cases.

Best Regards,

Re: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 29th, 12/2005 05:28 by ion.stan
I have just downloaded and installed DbManager Professional 3.1.1 Freeware edition.

I cannot import paradox tables to mysql at all (or I don't know how,
it is for the first time I am using this software).

Microsoft office is installed, DAO version 3.6 reported by 'About DBManager'.

The option Tools/Data Management/Import Data (DAO) is also disabled.

Help, please ...
Ion Stan /
Re: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 29th, 12/2005 07:01 by support
Hi,

Import DAO has disable on DBManager Freeware version.

Take DBManager Pro Enterprise trial, its for free for 20 days.

Best Regards

RE: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:46 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

RE: RE: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 18th, 04/2018 06:56 by panistefanin
linmikey wrote:
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

I would like to read about it anymore. Prompt, what literature to study?

https://192-168-1.org/

panistefanin / panistefanin

RE: Importing data from Paradox into MySQL Posted in 21th, 07/2018 02:36 by tahje
Importing data for the SQL that is very calmly to have to promote but to export of the again to paradox while fit in the file. Preservations for the importing that custom written research papers from the paradox have been finished in 10 minutes that for propel done.

Lara Newbigin / Pak WEB

Importing data from Paradox into MySQL (3060 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General