Home » Forums » DBManager General

Merging two catalog files (1325 previews)
Merging two catalog files Posted in 09th, 12/2005 09:03 by victor

Hi,

Is there a way of using two seperate files - reason being i upgraded to 3.2 but had deleted the catalog. I had setup a new catalog in the new version.

Since then I have got the old catalog from backup. I notice that in the new version there are Groups. Is there a way I can use one file for one group and another for a different group?

If not can I import the servers from one catalog into the other so one will have all servers in both files. Then I can adjust them to different groups.

I had a ticket out at the beginning of the year about importing but that was relating to moving from version 2 to 3.

Any help / info is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Victor.

Victor Leonard /
Re: Merging two catalog files Posted in 09th, 12/2005 10:06 by support
Hi Victor,

As you have data in both catalog it would be harder to do this. The reason is that there will be items with the same id and it could break the database constraints.
What you can do is to use the catalog with most of the data. If it is the oldest one don't worry as DBManager will update it. Afte replacing the catalog it is just a matter of inserting the new data.

PS: It is worth to take a look at the Workgroup Server. At the moment we finishing some tests in the new Workgroup Server which will also serve for other purposes. When it is finished a new install will be created and catalogs will be easier to handle.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Merging two catalog files Posted in 09th, 12/2005 10:19 by victor

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply - I'll have a look at Workgroup Server.

Is there a way of looking at the contents of the catalog file using DB Manager - even if a copy of the file was made?

Regards

Victor.

Victor Leonard /
Re: Merging two catalog files Posted in 09th, 12/2005 11:14 by support
Hi,

Yes there is. As the catalog is in SQLite 3 format you just need to create an SQLite server (use 3.0.0 version) and attach the catalog.ddb database. After that you view all tables and table data.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Merging two catalog files (1325 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General