Home » Forums » DBManager General

Getting "Help Desk Center Access Denied" (1291 previews)
Getting "Help Desk Center Access Denied" Posted in 23th, 11/2005 08:45 by victor
Hi,

I was going to try the help desk and got the message Help Desk Center Access Denied after logging in - I have a registered product:
Order Id: 252
Registered to: OmniScienceDesign

The query I have is when trying to import a text/csv file is there a way to only import to a number of fields. For example - a table consists of ten fields and a csv file has rows with eight fields in it.

I want to import the field and one of the fields in the table is an auto increment and another a spare field. When I try and import it shows the first field from the text file in the auto increment field which I dont want.

I have tried going through the wizard and soem settings but no luck.

I was looking for this in the wizard as Ive used it before in phpMyadmin.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Victor.

Victor Leonard /
Re: Getting "Help Desk Center Access Denied" Posted in 23th, 11/2005 09:47 by support
Hi,

victor wrote:
Hi,

I was going to try the help desk and got the message Help Desk Center Access Denied after logging in - I have a registered product:

You will soon receive an email with instructions on how to use the Support Center. At the moment it is under heavy tests.

victor wrote:
The query I have is when trying to import a text/csv file is there a way to only import to a number of fields. For example - a table consists of ten fields and a csv file has rows with eight fields in it.

It shouldn't be a problem. Each field in the wizard can be marked to import or not. See the wizard page where you set the field names and type and check the option [Skip].

victor wrote:
I want to import the field and one of the fields in the table is an auto increment and another a spare field. When I try and import it shows the first field from the text file in the auto increment field which I dont want.

In this case the AUTO_INCREMENT field shouldn't be in the list of fields to be imported. That way it will get its value auto incremented automatically. See that you can change the destination field in the table, but not the text field position. In the wizard you will se the field by the order they are in the text file. You can select the destination field in the table by clicking on the combobox options and selecting the field you want.

In case you still can't do it, send us a copy of the table structure and the text file with instructions on how to setup the fields accordingly to your wish and we will create a step by step on how to accomplish it.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Getting "Help Desk Center Access Denied" Posted in 23th, 11/2005 10:07 by victor
Hi,

Much appreciated for the quick reply.

I have found the part in the wizard that maps the fields and have save the wizard steps as "Import Text Definition for compupac_shop.level_3_import_old".

I have found where these are now - "Tools" tab "Text Wizard Definitions". Are these exportable? Reason being I am workingon a db for a client and their hosting does have phpmyadmin but I will point them to DB Manager as an alternative and then I can give them the definitions I have already created.

Regards

Victor.

Victor Leonard /
Getting "Help Desk Center Access Denied" (1291 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General