Home » Forums » DBManager General

Upgrades (1684 previews)
Upgrades Posted in 23th, 08/2005 01:51 by ademirk
Why on each upgrade version I lost ALL my configuratios?
Servers, queries? Do you never think about export and import configurations?

Ademir Klauck /
Re: Upgrades Posted in 23th, 08/2005 03:12 by support
Hi,

This is not entirely true. As a matter of fact in the last releases there is builtin code to upgrade the personal database so the previous data is kept. On the other hand with DBmanager 3.1.0 we needed to upgrade the SQLite library, which is now using the new 3.0 version engine. This is impossible to update automatically but you will find a workaround to update it manually in the DBManager manual. Usually this consists on dumping and reloading the database with the correct sqlite.exe client application.
If you are using the DBManager 3.1.0 and have a catalog from 3.0.X version you can upgrade it by executing the following steps:

1) Dump the database catalog.ddb using the sqlite 2.8.16 (available at http://www.sqlite.org)
2) Recreate the database using the sqlite 3.0 or newer (also available at http://www.sqlite.org)
3) restart the DBManager and it will upgrade its internal structure as necessary

That's it.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Upgrades Posted in 23th, 08/2005 03:28 by ademirk
Hi,
sorry for my ignorance, but I'm using DBtools to manage only Mysql databases, what's have to do with sqllite?
Ademir Klauck /
Re: Upgrades Posted in 23th, 08/2005 04:31 by support
Hi,

DBManager uses a personal database to save all its internal information. In the past we used MSAccess for the job but that required one to have MSOffice or at least the MSDAO drivers in order to make this possible. We also used XML interfaces but this is a painful work as the database have grown a lot ans XML is very slow and consumes a lot of memory for large files.
When we found out about SQlite we started testing it and it became the database engine of our choice to manage the DBManager's catalog. In SQlite website you will find that many other developers around the world are using SQlite to keep personal data, as this engine doesn't require a server nor extra driver to work with.
As a mysql users you have nothing, or very little, to do with sqlite, but as a DBManager user who wants to upgrade the catalog data this is a step required, and very simple actually. No knowledge of sqlite is required. In fact, after downloading both executables you can update the database in one single step by issuing the following command:

sqlite catalog.ddb .dump | sqlite3 catalog.ddb

That's all you have to do. After that you can forget SQlite.

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Upgrades Posted in 23th, 08/2005 07:08 by ademirk
COOL!
Tks for your explanation, now I can understand more about dbtools, and if it work as you say, and I don't lost more my configs on upgrades, I will buy a license to use reports.
Ademir Klauck /
RE: Re: Upgrades Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:36 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

Upgrades (1684 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General