Home » Forums » DBManager General

View indication of selected table in tables list- an update... see below (1761 previews)
View indication of selected table in tables list- an update... see below Posted in 10th, 01/2009 11:53 by maya.lincoln
Hi
Just a quick app gui question
how can see in DBtools current version the list of tables and keep a highlight on the table I chose?
Thanks

--
Maya Lincoln
Director of R&D
ProcessGene Ltd.,
Business Process Realization
Tel: +1(818)5743630; +972(4)8550377
Mobile: +972(528)711627
maya.lincoln@processgene.com
www.processgene.com
--

Maya Lincoln / ProcessGene
Re: View indication of selected table in tables list. Posted in 12th, 01/2009 08:58 by support
Hi,

- Select the tables item under any database
- WHen tables listed in HTML format click on the ListView button on the Workspace toolbar

The tables will from that moment on be listed in a ListView format (Explorer like) and you can choose from 4 different icon format

Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: View indication of selected table in tables list. Posted in 18th, 01/2009 11:18 by maya.lincoln
Hi,
Thanks for the answer - I will explain again.

In the previous version of DBTOOLS it was possible to see all the tables in the left pane, and see table details in the right window. This was very useful

I can't get this functionality in the newer version.

I want to see the tables list always in the left frame - so that I will be able to see them also if other tabs are opened (now they are presented only as a tab content, on the right frame)
and therefore I can't see them after clicking on a single table.

Thanks

Maya

--
Maya Lincoln
Director of R&D
ProcessGene Ltd.,
Business Process Modeling Tools
Tel: +972 4 8550377
Mobile: +972 52 8711627

Re: View indication of selected table in tables list. Posted in 18th, 01/2009 11:18 by maya.lincoln
Hi,
Thanks for the answer - I will explain again.

In the previous version of DBTOOLS it was possible to see all the tables in the left pane, and see table details in the right window. This was very useful

I can't get this functionality in the newer version.

I want to see the tables list always in the left frame - so that I will be able to see them also if other tabs are opened (now they are presented only as a tab content, on the right frame)
and therefore I can't see them after clicking on a single table.

Thanks

Maya

--
Maya Lincoln
Director of R&D
ProcessGene Ltd.,
Business Process Modeling Tools
Tel: +972 4 8550377
Mobile: +972 52 8711627

Re: View indication of selected table in tables list. Posted in 19th, 01/2009 11:34 by support
Hi Maya,

Actually what you're trying to accomplish it is not possible.
We removed this feature in the past due to the fact that many users may have a lot of tables in a single database causing the DBManager to start very slow every time.
We can mention for instance one case where one server with multiple databases with over 29000 tables with millions of records took almost a hour to load at start up. Using the current approach you will see the list of tables only for the selected database.

In DBManager 4.0 we've changed this feature to dyamically load objects only when selected. This product version is in alpha testing now but it should be officialy released in some months.

Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
View indication of selected table in tables list- an update... see below (1761 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General