Home » Forums » DBManager General

Type Conversion Manager changes not used (1780 previews)
Type Conversion Manager changes not used Posted in 22th, 07/2007 08:16 by greg9504
Hello,

I have dl the latest Enterprise Edition of DBManager Professional version 3.4.5 Trail edition.

I go into the Type Conversion Manager, selected Source MS Access, Target SQLite, then changed MS Access type "Single" from SQLite Integer to "float". I then selected Save. Ran a conversion of an MS Access database to SQLite (v3) and MS Access types of Single were still being converted to Integer. I then exited DBManager and restarted, opened Type Conversion Manager and verified that MS Access Single was still set to SQLite float. Then I did another conversion and the column was still being set as integer.

Greg Carter /
Re: Type Conversion Manager changes not used Posted in 23th, 07/2007 09:44 by support
Hi Greg,

Actually you need to change the MS DAO Access. If you look at the Type Conversion Manager you will see 2 distinct MSAccess engines. The first one [MSAccess] if for databases you are managing and it is used when migrationg structure and data using the following features:

- Migration Wizard
- Drag and Drop between MSAccess and other databases engines

The MSDAO MSaccess is used only by the DAO Import Wizard. Changing this source will reflect the changes the way you need.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Type Conversion Manager changes not used Posted in 23th, 07/2007 08:23 by greg9504
Thanks that worked.
Greg Carter /
Type Conversion Manager changes not used (1780 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General