Home » Forums » DBManager General

Problem generating comboboxes in forms (1485 previews)
Problem generating comboboxes in forms Posted in 31th, 10/2006 01:38 by paul.cooper
I am trying to make a form use a combobox, specifying a table for the combobox source. The combobox is not being populated by the table data.

Details:

DBMAnager Professional version 3.4.0
Postgresql: 8.1.4 on Sun Sparc V9; Solaris 2.9.

The only thing I can think of is that the tables concerend are all in a schema called "citation" not in "public". I have noticed elsewhere that when trying to create foreign keys, DBManager assumes the "Public" schema and does not allow other schemas. Is there a fix or work-around?

Paul Cooper / British Antarctic Survey
Re: Problem generating comboboxes in forms Posted in 31th, 10/2006 04:50 by support
Hi,

It should be listing the table names with the schemas. That way it would be easier to identify the namespace and use the correct one. We will run some tests with PostgreSQL and see if there is something wrong. If you can please attach the table structures you are using for this form to support@dbtools.com.br. With that information the Tech Support Team can reproduce the problems easily and provide a fix (if required) sonner.

Best Regards,

DBTools Support / DBTools Software
Re: Problem generating comboboxes in forms Posted in 01th, 11/2006 06:54 by paul.cooper
I've sent data to the support email address as suggested.

Further information:

Local Operating System is Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 . It is fully patched up-to-date.

Paul Cooper
Re: Problem generating comboboxes in forms Posted in 01th, 11/2006 09:33 by paul.cooper
I've thought of a possible source of the problem - is the Form code correctly handling mixed case table names? I am using a Java style naming convention for my tables.
Problem generating comboboxes in forms (1485 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General