Home » Forums » DBManager General

intergrate with other system (1368 previews)
intergrate with other system Posted in 27th, 02/2006 11:57 by rolin.83
hi there...
i'm planning to buy the enterprise version. i'm developing a system using vb.net. my question is can DBTools be integrated with the system i'm developing?
rolin
Re: intergrate with other system Posted in 01th, 03/2006 05:57 by support
Hi,

I don't know what you meant by Integrating with your system. Could you provide more information on that?
DBManager works independently of any other application (with the exceptions of the the database server, which are required). Other than that you can use DBManager with your application without any problems.

If you provide more information about what you are trying to accomplish we would be glad to answer all your enquires.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: intergrate with other system Posted in 02th, 03/2006 02:29 by rolin.83
hi there...
thanks for replying..

i'm developing a question banks system using vb.net. in my system, i need to have a function that can read excel file and save them into mysql database. since dbtools have the function to convert excel to mysql, i am thinking to integrate that function into my system. Is that possible to be done, and how to do it?

thanks in advance..
rolin
Re: intergrate with other system Posted in 02th, 03/2006 09:02 by support
Hi,

What you need is to have a possibility to use the DBManager internals to be called from your application directly without loading DBManager.
This can be done using the Task Builder and the DBManager console parameters. It will allow to import/export anything to/from MySQL and also execute queries to any purpose. A downside is that any workstation that needs to import/export data needs a copy of DBManager Enterprise installed.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
intergrate with other system (1368 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General