Home » Forums » DBManager General

DBManager command line parameters (1569 previews)
DBManager command line parameters Posted in 18th, 01/2006 10:38 by bart.degryse
In the application I can choose which catalog to use. After that I need to restart the application to open the chosen catalog. Is there any command line parameter I can use to tell the app which catalog it should use ?
Bart Degryse / Indicator NV
Re: DBManager command line parameters Posted in 18th, 01/2006 03:21 by support
Hi Bart,

Actually no. See that DBManager will use the last catalog connected. If you want to start with a new catalog you may use the catalog change button on the caption bar.
This should be changed very soon, as we are planning to allow connecting to multiple catalogs at the same time. When this feature is implemented you will:

- Connect to the default catalog at startup
- Connect to as many workgroup servers as you wish
- Be able to view all catalogs on the same workspace

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: DBManager command line parameters Posted in 19th, 01/2006 06:08 by bart.degryse
Do I understand it right then that this feature will not be available for the freeware edition ?
Even then this would not do what I want to do. I don't want to connect to multiple catalogs at the same time. I explicitly want to connect to only one, but I would like to be able to choose which one when I start the application. A commandline parameter would be perfect for that and is also very easy to implement.
Re: DBManager command line parameters Posted in 19th, 01/2006 01:13 by support
Hi,

You can use the command line parameter to open the catalog directly. Just insert the catalog location and file name and it should be opened automatically. But if you have connected to the Workgroup Server previously DBManager will try to reconnect in the next start up. We can remove this and allow for one to start DBManager with the catalog used in the command line instead of connecting to the workgroup.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: DBManager command line parameters Posted in 19th, 01/2006 01:45 by bart.degryse
I tried some things but nothing seems to work.
First of all: I use freeware version 3.1.1 for postgresql and I have never used the workgroup server.

I tried these :
- In Windows->Start->Run : "C:\Program Files\DBTools Software\DBManagerPro\DBManagerPro.exe" D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb

- In Windows->Start->Run : D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb

- In Windows explorer : doubleclick on D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb

- On desktop rightckick->new->shortcut->location =
"C:\Program Files\DBTools Software\DBManagerPro\DBManagerPro.exe" D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb

- On desktop rightckick->new->shortcut->location = D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb

All these possibilities work, but not the way I would expect. They all open DBManagerPro.exe with the catalog defined under File->Preferences->Security->My Documents Folder (D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\bigdb). So D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\bigdb\DATA\catalog.ddb gets opened, while I would expect that DBManagerPro.exe would open D:\Projects\PostgreSQL\logstock_sys\DATA\catalog.ddb
DBManager command line parameters (1569 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General