Home » Forums » DBManager General

Backups (1506 previews)
Backups Posted in 08th, 12/2005 12:31 by emzyme20
Hi,

Is there a way to backup everything in dbtools manager - Tables, Data, Queries, Stored Procedures and Diagrams?

I used the wizard to backup my tables and data successfully, but lost everything else when I reinstalled MySQL.... Just wanted to check that I wasn't missing something...

Thanks,

Emma Middlebrook /
Re: Backups Posted in 08th, 12/2005 03:09 by support
Hi,

First of all not all of them are database objects. For Stored Procedures, Tables (and its child objects), Functions can be backed up using the Database Dump Wizard (Select the database and check the wizards menu on the Details View).

Other objects like, queries, diagrams, import wizard definitions are DBManager's objects and are kept in a personal catalog. In this case just copy the file under My Documents\DBManagerPro\DATA to a safe place. Optionally you may use the Workgroup Server in which case you don't need to reinstall everytime and this information will be shared among a group of users.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Backups Posted in 09th, 12/2005 07:47 by emzyme20
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. How does the workgroup server work? I clicked on it by accident once and I lost the view of my databases and couldn't figure out how it worked, I managed to get my view back eventually..

Does it store everything in a central place so that if you reinstall dbtools or is it the directly linked to MySQL or what ever database technology you are using, this info is never lost and you can then just reconnect somehow using the workgroup server?

Regards,

Emma Middlebrook /
Re: Backups Posted in 09th, 12/2005 10:01 by support
Hi,

emzyme20 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. How does the workgroup server work? I clicked on it by accident once and I lost the view of my databases and couldn't figure out how it worked, I managed to get my view back eventually..

Is quite simple actually. The Workgroup Server creates a TCP/IP Service and respond to queries using the DBManager's protocol. It has its own catalog and when a DBManager client is connected to WG all information are saved in the WG catalog. If you reinstall DBManager for example you don't have to worry about backing up the catalog as it is placed on the WG. The first time you connect to WG all information previously created is there. As the WG allows for more than one to connect and share information, your queries, diagrams, forms, reports, etc would be visible to other users on your network.

PS: Be aware that when you remove DBmanager it also removes the WG Server. In this case just make a copy of the catalog in its folder and when you reinstall put the catalog back again. We wil change this and create a separate install for the Workgroup Server. That way you do not have to worry about different versions anymore..

emzyme20 wrote:
Does it store everything in a central place so that if you reinstall dbtools or is it the directly linked to MySQL or what ever database technology you are using, this info is never lost and you can then just reconnect somehow using the workgroup server?

Yes everything is in one place. It uses its own database engine (an SQLite actually). No messing with creating database in MySQL or whatever engine one is using.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
RE: Backups Posted in 25th, 04/2018 01:44 by sofbo
DB tool software is famous and so much using software and a lot number of people are liking it and taking advantage from it. You may also visit the website papersmart review if you are facing any kind of problems about this software.

Jonathan Massy-Greene / Pak WEB

Backups (1506 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General