Home » Forums » DBManager General

Stored Procedure IDE (1355 previews)
Stored Procedure IDE Posted in 08th, 12/2005 12:29 by emzyme20
Hi,

I am currently evaluating the latest dbtools manager. I really do like that you can debug stored procedures in the editor. One thing that I can't seem to do is modify the SQL_SECURITY for a stored procedure.

I've had to use another application that I am also evaluating and I can then use that application to change it from DEFINER to INVOKER.

Is it possible to do this in dbtools manager? I really like a lot of the features in dbtools like the diagrams, procedure debugging, user privilege settings etc.. but the ability to edit all details about a stored procedure is something I really want to do...

Thanks

Emma Middlebrook /
Re: Stored Procedure IDE Posted in 08th, 12/2005 03:04 by support
Hi,

The only way to accomplish this is by issuing the command ALTER PROCEDURE in the Query Editor. As DBManager is used to handle more than one engine we decided to cut some of the information that is not common to all engines. On the other hand we are at the moment working on way to create definitions for each database engine which would allow us to handle these situations more reasily.
You will probably find these features in future released.

If you liked the Procedure/Query/View Builders you will probably gonna like the next version. We are almost finishing the development of the Function and Trigger Builders. In the next version they will work together, which in terms means that you will be able to use the Query Builder to construct a query and directly export to a function, procedure, view or trigger.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Stored Procedure IDE (1355 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General