Home » Forums » DBManager General

How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine (2046 previews)
How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine Posted in 28th, 11/2005 10:57 by mwycliffe78
Hi all,
I am new to DBManager Professional, I have installed it on
my windows 2003 server, the installation was sucessfull, but
i am unable to connect to my mysql database on a linux machine.

After i have fed in the necessary parameters, and try to test connection, i get the error message that;
can't connect to MySQL server on 192.168.0.20(10060),
192.168.0.20 is the ipaddress of the linux machine on which my
mysql database resides.
I wonder what the problem is,
please help me on this.

Thanks
Acting on a good idea is better than having a good idea. /
Re: How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine Posted in 28th, 11/2005 11:42 by support
Hi,

The best thing to do is to check is there is connection active between the two machines. here is a list of things you may check:

1) Testing mysql server. Logon to the Linux box and try to connect to the mysql server using the following parameters:

mysql -u [user] --password=[your_password] -h localhost [dbname]

If the connection fail it is most likely that the mysql server is not running at all. In this case just start the mysql server.

2) Testing the connection with a simple ping. This should tell you if the connection exist between the two PC's

3) Windows 2003 Firewall. It is always a good idea to check this first. Windows XP users with SP2 have been experimenting a lot of problems with most applications that use TCP/IP to do something. This is the case of DBManager/MySQL.

4) Check also the Linux Firewall, if there is one.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine Posted in 28th, 11/2005 08:40 by edo\'donnell
Hi,

Have a look at your /etc/my.cnf file (or where ever it is)
and make sure it is listening on the 192.x.x.x ip and not 127.0.0.1
Edward ODonnell /
Re: How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine Posted in 28th, 11/2005 08:40 by edo\'donnell
Hi,

Have a look at your /etc/my.cnf file (or where ever it is)
and make sure it is listening on the 192.x.x.x ip and not 127.0.0.1
Edward ODonnell /
RE: How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:46 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

How to connect to a mysql database on a linux machine (2046 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General