Home » Forums » DBManager General

URGENT - import/export wizards definitions missing (1150 previews)
URGENT - import/export wizards definitions missing Posted in 17th, 11/2005 02:34 by sunishappy
Hi,
I'm a new user of DBManager so sorry if my question has a simple solution.
I can't activate the import/export wizards. I checked out the forums: I know I need to select the active server, but it doesn't work (clicking everywhere the menus never come to be active); I also checked the DAO drivers version, updated it and still nothing changed.

The only tip I can give is: in the workspace I don't have all the components that I can see in the "Tools Workspace Bar and the Objects View" of the help: the definitions for the import/export wizards are missing, while I have those for the dump wizard (... which is working).
What can I do? I need to import data!!
Thanks for the help you can give me...
cecilia
Re: URGENT - import/export wizards definitions missing Posted in 17th, 11/2005 02:51 by support
Hi,

This has been discussed here quite a lot lately. The reason and explanations can be found here http://www.dbtools.com.br/EN/article.php?id=00058.

PS: In next version (3.2.0) the menus concerning the disabled options will be completely removed.

If you need to use DBManager for Import, Export, Migrate data between two different engines the Enterprise Edition is the only way to go. You can grab a TRIAL for 20 days which in most cases does the job just fine.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: URGENT - import/export wizards definitions missing Posted in 17th, 11/2005 03:38 by sunishappy
Thank you.
I'm sorry for my question, I admit I didn't read the news about the accessible features in the freeware/enterprise edition. This happened because I thought these features were "obvious" for such a program, considering their importance. I never dreamed about the possibility of deleting them from any version of dbmanager.
Anyway, I can try to understand your reasons and I thank you again for your quick answer.
Cecilia

cecilia rizzardo
URGENT - import/export wizards definitions missing (1150 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General