Home » Forums » DBManager General

getting at my old access mdb. (1612 previews)
getting at my old access mdb. Posted in 12th, 11/2005 09:50 by barley.twist2
Ok, I am new to DBs (just to et the context!). I have had to install a new hard drive on my XP laptop. I have lost my copy of Access 2002. Have installed MSoffice but does NOT contain Access. So I have this Lone .mbd file I desperately need to get at. Can't afford Access. So here I am with MySQL ready, DBManager (free version) loaded and connected to the server. Go to select the DAO data import wizard and discover the wizard is not present! Please can anyone help?

PS I also have the MySQL Query Browser and Administrator Apps Installed, is one of thes effectively the same as DBManager? I cannot find an import facility on these.
Thanks in advance, Roger
roger /
Re: getting at my old access mdb. Posted in 12th, 11/2005 10:43 by support
Hi Roger,

The DBManager Freeware was changed (In License and Features). You can check the full details of these changes at http://www.dbtools.com.br/EN/article.php?id=00058.

On the other hand you may try the Enterprise Edition which does what you need and can connect to MSAccess database directly. You can try it for 20 days, which should be enough to have your work done.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: getting at my old access mdb. Posted in 14th, 11/2005 04:36 by barley.twist2
Thanks, but before I commit, will I be able to actually develope the DB once i've got it moved into MySQL i.e add new data and reports, or will it be only to read it (which I have maaged to do with OOorg 2.0)?
Roger
roger /
Re: getting at my old access mdb. Posted in 14th, 11/2005 06:01 by support
Hi,

No. In the Enterprise Edition you get all the features, which means you can create, drop, manage among other features.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: getting at my old access mdb. Posted in 08th, 12/2005 12:38 by emzyme20
You could use the evaluation of the dbtools professional to get at your access database as the import wizard is in that one.

MySQL administrator and MySQL Query Browser are created by the MySQL team. The administrator allows you to manage your MySQL installation, creating users, setting privileges etc...

The Query Browser allows you to look at your database tables, stored procedures etc and modify those. I think it is just a browser though and can't be used to add new items.

Dbtools manager is an application that does all the above and other things.. I actually think they work well hand in hand. I have been using dbtools manager to do all the initial work on my databases, but I use the query browser and administrator to do modifications of certain things because I like the look and feel.

Regards,

Emma Middlebrook /
getting at my old access mdb. (1612 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General