Home » Forums » DBManager General

unrecognized database format (1224 previews)
unrecognized database format Posted in 09th, 11/2005 04:03 by Louis.Block
I am trying to import a MS Access database into MySQL. I have tried several methods. DAO Import doesn't import anything. Creating an Access server gives me a "unrecognized database format" message when I try to attach the database. When I click "Test Connection" I get a message that the Server Version is 3.51.0. I am using Access 2000 which comes with Jet 4.0. Use DAO 3.6 is checked in preferences.

Any ideas what is wrong?
Louis J. Block /
Re: unrecognized database format Posted in 09th, 11/2005 06:09 by support
Hi,

If you have created an MSAccess server and attached a database, this server must be told to use the correct Jet engine. To fix this just open the MSAccess server you have created and fill the Options=>Version with 3.6.0.
The Preferences=>Use DAO 3.6 is only used by the DAO Import Wizard.

Tip: After setting the option in Preferences is always a good idea to check the DBManager's About Box and see if the DAO 3.6 is being visible. If you find that the DAO version is unknown in the About Box it means that the Jet Engine is not visible to other applications. In this case you may need to change the PATH environment variable. More information can be found in the DBManager's manual. Look for DAO.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: unrecognized database format Posted in 10th, 11/2005 05:20 by Louis.Block
DAO 3.6 is set and visible in the about box. Since this didn't work, I tried simply doing a DAO Import. I was able to successfully import a couple of tables but when I try to import others it looks like everything is working fine but the data is not importing (even though import data is checked).

Also, where do I find constraints? I have validation rules that I want to see if they converted but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks,
Louis J. Block /
Re: unrecognized database format Posted in 10th, 11/2005 06:22 by support
Hi,

As the DAO 3.6 is working properly I think it is only a matter of setting the Server Manager for MSAccess to the correct version and the database should be opened ok. In case you have tried this, please post the information you have used to fill in Server Manager so we can simulate the problem.
Optionally and if you can, please send us the database so we can test it to find out if there are issues concerning the conversion process.

The foreign keys are imported only if the table type supports this feature. The correct way to do this is settings the default table type to InnoDB (if using mysql). Also it would recommended to import all tables and data first, and import the foreign keys on a second step, since the FK requires that everything is previously created.

Other constraints like CHECK are not imported as DAO/Jet doesn't expose this information.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: unrecognized database format Posted in 10th, 11/2005 06:34 by Louis.Block
Thank you. I didn't realize the version had to be set. It worked.
Louis J. Block /
unrecognized database format (1224 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General