Home » Forums » DBManager General

Creating a table (1462 previews)
Creating a table Posted in 26th, 10/2005 09:55 by schaef60
I need help generating simple SQL script. My source data is an ODBC connection. I want to do something like:

SELECT * FROM database.table
WHERE database.table.date ='2005-10'
INSERT INTO history.table

In this case, database.table would be my ODBC connection to an Oracle database and history.table would by my MySQL database.

DBtools does not like this syntax. Can you please help me understand what I am doing wrong?

I am using the free trial of the enterprise edition.
erik /
Re: Creating a table Posted in 27th, 10/2005 09:43 by support
Hi Erik,

You can't execute queries between two different engines. In this case to export from ODBC to MySQL you need to use the Migration Wizard which allows you to move data from one place to another.

The previous message in this forum has some information about how to accomplish that. Optionally you may try exporting the first query to CSV format and then using the Import Text Wizard to import the data into mysql.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Creating a table Posted in 27th, 10/2005 03:07 by schaef60
Can the migration wizard or import wizard be automated through a macro? I'd like to have these queries/wizards run nightly or weekly automatically.
erik /

EDIT: My source database is too large to import/migrate in whole. I need some sort of constraints on what rows to import. I do not see this capability in the wizard. Am I out of luck?
Re: Creating a table Posted in 27th, 10/2005 06:33 by support
Hi,

schaef60 wrote:
Can the migration wizard or import wizard be automated through a macro? I'd like to have these queries/wizards run nightly or weekly automatically.

Yes. See the Task Builder. You can create a task and run it through console as a parameter for DBManager.

schaef60 wrote:
EDIT: My source database is too large to import/migrate in whole. I need some sort of constraints on what rows to import. I do not see this capability in the wizard. Am I out of luck?

Also yes. The Task Builder has capabilities to execute queries and migrate only data for a specific condition.
You may try the Enterprise Edition as this feature is only present in this version. For Enterprise 3.1.3 we are preparing a lot of new features for structure and data migration. This should be out next month.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Creating a table Posted in 04th, 11/2005 07:11 by schaef60
I am now having problems running simple select queries from my ODBC connection to an Oracle database.

From the workspace, I can click on the Oracle engine and find a table. I can "Open Table Data" and it will show me data in the table.

But when I go to run a simple select query:
SELECT tablename.*
FROM tablename
WHERE tablename.columnname = 'account number'

I get an Oracle error "ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation"

I can perform this exact same query in Microsoft Access and it works just fine.

Any idea what is preventing DBTools Enterprise Edition from performing this simple query?
erik /
Creating a table (1462 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General