Home » Forums » DBManager General

... is not allow to connect ... (1458 previews)
... is not allow to connect ... Posted in 12th, 09/2005 11:33 by rob2002
Hi,
I have a problem when I want to connect with the same userId ad password with, 2 PC having 2 different host name. (host 'client' is not allow to connect to this MySql server).
How can I do?
thanks.
roberto /
Re: ... is not allow to connect ... Posted in 12th, 09/2005 12:19 by support
Hi,

You can fix this by issuing the command GRANT PRIVILEGES ... on the mysql server. After that you need to issue the FLUSH PRIVILEGES to make it available immediatelly.

The GRANT PRIVILEGES command also allow you to set the IpAddress/Hostname for the user, and you can execute as many commands as needed for a single user. So if there is only one user/password accessing from 2 different hosts you need to execute the command for each host.

Examples

1) GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO user@192.168.0.1 IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
2) GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO user@192.168.0.2 IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

3) FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

This will make the user with password 'password' have privileges to connect from 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 hosts.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: ... is not allow to connect ... Posted in 12th, 09/2005 12:36 by rob2002
Sorry for my english, but I think that my question has been not clear.

I made a software contain this string connection:

Adodc1.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=192.168.254.74;DATABASE=rsc;UID=clientWD=client; OPTION=35;"

The same software run in 2 pc, so User managment accept only 1 'client'with his hostname. When I create an account: userId= client password= client hostname=?
DBTools must accept due connection.
I hope to explain my question.
Thanks for all!

roberto /
Re: ... is not allow to connect ... Posted in 13th, 09/2005 09:40 by support
Hi,

It seems that the user in mysql can connect from only one host. The GRANT command is the only way to fix this. Optionally you can configure the user to connect from anywhere by replacing host with '%' with quotation marks.

The error message you are getting means the user doesn't have privilege to connect to the server in which case you must change the privilege (with GRANT command) or it won't work.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
... is not allow to connect ... (1458 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General