Home » Forums » DBManager General

Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite (1607 previews)
Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite Posted in 21th, 08/2005 10:54 by richtx
How do I overcome the error Error loadng DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite?
I have a file called DBSQLITE.DLL in my DBManagerPro directory?
Please tell me HOW explicitly and not WHAT to do to overcome this problem! I have spent weeks on this and I view the responses to my queries to be non-specific and unhelpful. This is a five minute to solve problem.
I have extensive software development experience but all the "Open Source" methodology of one liners and pointing me to a path for an answer is not my idea of customer support.
Thanks.
Richard VanDyk /
Re: Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite Posted in 21th, 08/2005 11:23 by support
Hi,

Here are the steps to fix this:

- download the following files and unzip them into DBManager's folder: http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-2_8_16.zip and http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-3_2_2.zip
- the zip files have a DLL which is required to open and manipulate SQlite databases
- Start DBManager and click on the Server Button on the toolbar
- Select SQLite from the Engine Combobox
- Leave the rest of the fields blank or with the default values
- Click "test connection" button
- If everything is ok click on the OK button

The connection will be added to DBManager and you should see it in the Workspace Tree. Follow these instructions to create a new database:

- Select the Server Connection in the Workspace
- Click on the "database" button on the toolbar
- Type the Alias and Filename of the new database, I.E.: Alias: somedb, Filename: C:\Temp\somedb.db
- Click on the OK button

That's all you need to do. Everything I have just written is in the DBManager's manual which can be opened by selecting the Menu Option Help => Contents.
The manual is searchable making it easier to find for an specific information.

Ps: We are updating the DBmanager stup script and in two days it should be in our mirrors. The new setup will have the SQLite required DLL's avoiding the problem you have mentioned.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite Posted in 07th, 09/2005 11:28 by jah-2
I got 3.1 on Sept 7 and had the same problem.

So it seems the new setup script isn't working yet.

Also, before checking this forum, I searched the help for SQLite and DBSQLITE.DLL, but found nothing about this problem.

I just followed the 1st part of your instructions (but only for sqlite3.dll) and it worked; i can now connect to my sqlite3 dbs.

Thanks.

I've heard that DBManager is great, so thanks for making a free version available; but please do make the solution to this problem more obvious.

jonno /
Re: Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite Posted in 08th, 09/2005 09:33 by support
Hi,

Sorry. We haven't been able to update the mirrors yet. As we are almost finished with the new version (3.1.1) the script for this version is already updated and it will solve this problem.

Ps: Optionally you may try the DBManager Enterprise Edition. This version already brings the SQLite DLL's that are required.

The new version should be out in a couple of weeks.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Error loading DBSQLITE.DLL for SQLite (1607 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General