Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features

Query Objects (1196 previews)
Query Objects Posted in 05th, 08/2005 10:06 by bart.degryse
These are stored in the catalog. There is a possibility to save them to file, but this must be done one by one. You have already promised to add a feature to save multiple objects. Can you also add a feature to open multiple files at the same time. Since neither dumping and loading nor drag and drop copying seem to work, I have to save all my query object to file one by one from the source database, then reopen them in the target database one by one and finally execute them all to get two identical databases. So a 'multiple file opener' would have been very handy.
Thank in advance.
Bart Degryse / Indicator NV
Re: Query Objects Posted in 05th, 08/2005 10:50 by support
Hi,

Yes. This was actually implemented a week ago and it should be in the next release. Optionally you can create a single query with multiple statements as DBManager can parse them and execute one by one. Of course the statement terminator needs to be changed and it can be accomplished by enabling the GO statement terminator in the Preferences. Also the Query Editor allow for execution of the selection only. This can help to create a single query and execute only the statement you need.

Thanks for the feedback.

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Query Objects Posted in 05th, 08/2005 11:35 by bart.degryse
Thanks, I'm looking forward to this feature. It will save me a considerable amount of time.
Bart Degryse / Indicator NV
Query Objects (1196 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features