Home » Forums » DBManager General

tables list display slow (1484 previews)
tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 07:56 by eric.mauviere
Hello, i really love all new import/export features in DbManager 3.1

One annoying thig however, is that the time needed to display all tables in the objects view (Mysql databases) seems to be quite longer than in previous versions. So when i switch between objects and details tab, i have to wait up to 5 seconds for a database with 500 tables.

is there something to do in order to, for instance, disable automatic refreshing of these tables lists to make display faster ?

Thanks by advance

Eric
eric /
Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 09:51 by support
Hi,

Yes. You can change in Preferences to show an specific number of hits per page, for example 20. Isn't this being used as default?
Optionally you may also disabled the SELECT COUNT(*) when showing table information, also in preferences.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 11:04 by eric.mauviere
Thank you,

i just followed your suggestions :
- disbaled count(*) option ;
- only 10 items in details view

But it still very slow with my 500 tables database, which i access locally, on the same computer than the one with DBManager :
10 seconds when i click on the objects tab or details tab to see the content. Looks like DBManager3.1 reload all table information for the whole database each time i press a tab. And it was much faster in previous versions. Tell me i won't need to reinstall my old 2.1 release... i really appreciate other improvments
eric /
Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 11:21 by support
Hi,

It should take the same ammount of time as this code hasn't changed from previous versions (considering DBManager 3, of course).
Which database server and version are you using?
I'm asking this because it may be something in the database API when collecting tables information.

PS: You may benefit of the Objects View for tables listing. In this case you can select the objects view and see if there is a difference by showing all the tables. Also there is a context menu which can be used to perform table operations.

Thanks,

Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 11:48 by eric.mauviere
well, i upgraded directly from 2.2 to 3.1

i am accessing a mysql database, 3.23.

The objects view is indeed the one i need. But i also need to browse from various databases in my Mysql server (say DB1, DB2). If i click in the left panel on DB1/tables, then DB2/tables, it takes still 10 seconds to display the content in the object view, so that i can work on a specific table
eric /
Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 01:21 by support
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I will check the database object for mysql to find out if there is something we may improve.

Best Regards,

Re: tables list display slow Posted in 03th, 08/2005 03:10 by eric.mauviere
Thank you very much by advance,
Eric
eric /
tables list display slow (1484 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General