Home » Forums » DBManager General

text file import very slow... (1006 previews)
text file import very slow... Posted in 07th, 07/2005 01:44 by antoine_le_villain
I am trying to import a 280 000 rows text file using the wizard. It lasts for about 18 minutes, where MySQL takes 2, MS Access takes 30sec...
Did I make a mistake, or is there a way to accelerate this?
Moreover, the "create table" option of the wizard is not working... So you have to create a table in order to append the text file...
Do you have a solution?
Thank you
Antoine /
Re: text file import very slow... Posted in 08th, 07/2005 09:57 by support
Hi,

Which DBManager version are you using?

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: text file import very slow... Posted in 08th, 07/2005 10:01 by antoine_le_villain
I am using the freeware 3.0 version with Firebird 1.5
The website says the 3.1 version of DBManager manages imports quicker, but where can I download it from? Is it ready?

Thank you
Antoine
Antoine /
Re: text file import very slow... Posted in 08th, 07/2005 12:26 by support
Hi,

You are using the DBManager 3.0.3a I presume.
Yes the 3.1.0 will be a lot faster. We have worked on this version with one thing in mind:

- Add speedy and reliability

This version will be released very very soon. In less than a week I think. We are still getting some features request in the last minute and depending of the complexity to implement we are doing right away.
Just as info: the new version is now finished and tested, the manual is ready and the install scripts done and tested. What we are doing is running automated tests (we have developed an application specially for this purpose) in order to test all database API's.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
text file import very slow... (1006 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General