Home » Forums » DBManager General

DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! (1136 previews)
DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! Posted in 23th, 06/2005 10:21 by flymasterf18
Hi,
I'm compleltly new to the DB Manager universe.
My coworker is using DB Manager V2.3 and she is able to acess our remote MySQL DB without any problems.
I installed V3.0.3a on my machine and I use the same information to log in than she is and I get
" ' Cant connect to MySQL server on "hostIP" ' (10060) "

Another of my coworker had DB Manager V2.3 on his old pc. He got a new one, installed V3.0.3a and he cant connect now ...

I can ping the remote server without any problem, and Win XP firewall is not activated on my machine. The remote port is open.

I tried checking/unchecking "Use SSL" no luck.

Anyone has a clue for me ?
I lost my life somwhere in Kalimdor
Re: DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! Posted in 23th, 06/2005 11:07 by support
Hi,

Is the connection being made through MySQL WebServices or directly?
The only thing different is that 2.3 and older DBManager versions use the mysql client libraries with old passwords. Starting with DBManager 3 it is compiled to use the mysql 4.1 client libraries.
It shouldn't be a problem though. By the error message it looks like the host where mysql is running cannot be reached. In case the problem persists please send some additional information so we can track the problem and find a solution.

- MySQL version
- Is the database hosted on an ISP?
- Windows Version and Service Packs installed (if any)

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! Posted in 23th, 06/2005 11:29 by flymasterf18
On one computer their is no SP installed.
On the other one, everything is installed.

Just re-emailed my network administrator who told me that everything was good on our side the first time.

Seems I cant open a telenet on the 3306 port from my computer but my co-worker can.

I should have the confirmation in less than half an hour that it is actually my problem. I guess that should do the job, in wich case, i' sorry to have taken your time...

Philippe /
Re: DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! Posted in 23th, 06/2005 01:13 by support
Hi,

Do not worry. In case the problem persists just contact us again and we would be glad to help you out with that.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! Posted in 23th, 06/2005 02:04 by flymasterf18
Ok, Mea Maxi Culpa ...

After 3 hours we finally found the network problems. It's on our side.

2 gateways are interfering. Thx for your patience

Philippe /
DB Manager V3.0 refusing connection. V2.3 is no ?! (1136 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General