Home » Forums » DBManager General

Strange Connectivity Problem with 3.03 Enterprise (1372 previews)
Strange Connectivity Problem with 3.03 Enterprise Posted in 30th, 05/2005 01:24 by noise
I'm running XP SP2 and Postgres 8.0.x and MySQL 4.1.

When I try and connect to either using my licensed enterprise DBManager I get "could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)" error message. When I click to check for updates it can't even see the network. Yet I can pull mail and surf the web proving I have a connection. I uninstalled DBManager and then installed the freeware version and everything worked fine with both DBMS's and the check update link. This tells me it is a problem related to DBManager. Any thoughts? Is there a newer version I should try?

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry Shockley /
Re: Strange Connectivity Problem with 3.03 Enterprise Posted in 31th, 05/2005 09:48 by support
Hi,

As the Enterprise and the Freeware Editions use the same code to manage connections (actually they are the same version only with different features in Enterprise) I suspect that it may be something else. Recently we had a problem with Windows XP SP2 as it installs a firewall for network protection. You may check if the firewall is installed and activated, in which case it will need to be reconfigured to work properly.
Also you may try reinstalling the Enterprise Edition. See that it is recommended to uninstall the Freeware Edition first as some of its components are imcompatible.
In casr the problem persists contact us again and we will try to track the problem in order to fix it.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Strange Connectivity Problem with 3.03 Enterprise (1372 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General