Home » Forums » DBManager General

MSAccess (901 previews)
MSAccess Posted in 05th, 01/2005 10:16 by dstavert
I was hoping to use the Enterprise pro MSAccess component to dump Access data so I could import into MySQL. When I dump an Access table it goes through the motions but I end up with an empty .sql script. I have tried exporting just the structure but it gives the same results. I can export the raw data but that means manually creating the table structure. Am I missing something?
David Stavert / Netraprise Systems
Re: MSAccess Posted in 06th, 01/2005 09:38 by support
Hi David,

Actually it is not recommended to use the dump from one engine to another as the SQL/DDL commands are different. Instead of doing that you can just drag and drop the tables from one server to another and answer yes to the question "Copy data". You can active this in the ObjectView and select a single or multiple tables.

PS: Although MSAccess supports DDL statements most of them are not documented. Because of that we have not implmented the dump of the structure.

If you need any additional help just let us know.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: MSAccess Posted in 06th, 01/2005 04:03 by dstavert
When I do that I get

ERROR: Type Not Found in Catalogue. (Source Engine: 4, Source Type: 99, Target Engine: 0, Table: PIMED, Column: ID)

Going from an access 2000 mdb I am guessing to MySQL 3.23.58-9
DAO ver 3.6
David Stavert
Netraprise Systems
Re: MSAccess Posted in 06th, 01/2005 04:29 by support
Hi David,

I forgot to mention in my last post that the catalog data for msaccess is missing. We have frixed that already and should be out in the next release this week.

If you don't want to wait until the next release, don't worry. Inserting the data into the Type Manager is quite easy. Open Tools=>Data Management => Type Conversion Manager.

- Select the source MSAccess and Target MySQL
- Fill the type to with the type you want

If you don't the waste time thinking about which type should be used you can just copy them from MS DAO Access engine, which is basically the same.

If you need any info on that just let me know.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: MSAccess Posted in 06th, 01/2005 07:01 by dstavert
I also seem to be having a problem accessing the access databases.
DBTools regularly crashes until I recreate the Access "servers". All is fine for a while but eventually it crashes.

Windows XP SP2 lots of ram and hd space.
David Stavert
Netraprise Systems
MSAccess (901 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General