Home » Forums » DBManager General

Remote Connection (1324 previews)
Remote Connection Posted in 18th, 12/2004 03:29 by grhmb
Having given up for the time being on trying to get a stable remote connection using Web Services I have tried the alternative.

My ISP permits me to add an Access Host for which I have entered IP number (as the ISP has advised).

The method shown in the DBTools Help appears to be for remote servers which have access to the MySQL root. As my website is hosted on a virtual server, the MySQL server provided by my ISP is of course shared between users so access to the database root is off limits and hence cannot set up "GRANT ACCESS to user@my_IPNumber.

Is there a solution to this?

grhmb /
Re: Remote Connection Posted in 20th, 12/2004 09:43 by support
Hi,

grhmb wrote:
The method shown in the DBTools Help appears to be for remote servers which have access to the MySQL root. As my website is hosted on a virtual server, the MySQL server provided by my ISP is of course shared between users so access to the database root is off limits and hence cannot set up "GRANT ACCESS to user@my_IPNumber.

Use the command GRANT priv, priv ON db.* TO user@my_IPNumber

If you can't execute this command ask your system administrator. THis is the only way to do it.

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Remote Connection Posted in 20th, 12/2004 01:58 by grhmb
Thank you support.

Apparently I had already set this up as you had advised via a facility provided by the ISP.

Where I had gone wrong was setting the 'Hostname'. I had attempted to use the URL of my website whereas what was needed was the IP of the virtual server provided by my ISP.

(Support - please also see my posting in Bugs and Fixes "Field names not shown in Datasheet View" )

support wrote:
Hi,

grhmb wrote:

Use the command GRANT priv, priv ON db.* TO user@my_IPNumber

If you can't execute this command ask your system administrator. THis is the only way to do it.

Support / DBTools Software

grhmb
Re: Remote Connection Posted in 21th, 12/2004 07:45 by aaronroberson
I am also trying to access my mysql database on a virtual server.

I have set up a hostname in cpanel using the ip address of the virtual server and I am using that same ip address for the value of the hostname in dbmanager server manager.

Other than the db user id and password, I am using port 3306 and everything else is blank.

Could anyone tell me how to get my connection to work?
Aaron
Re: Remote Connection Posted in 31th, 12/2004 04:17 by 72377.3634
I have the same problem with a virtual host, but get the error message:
"Protocol Mismatch. Server version = 9 Client version = 10"

Does this mean I must use an earlier version of DBTools?

Barrett Leibe
Re: Remote Connection Posted in 04th, 01/2005 01:58 by grhmb
Hi Aaron,

Have you added an access host in Cpanel? To permit a connection from your computer directly (i.e. not using DB Tools Web Services facility) you have to add an Access Host in CPanel (see bottom of MySQL window in CPanel. The Host IP to use is the IP address of your computer (or router if you have a local network).

The only other difference between what you have set and my successful settings is that I have specified the name of the database but I don't think this should be a problem as I believe in this circumstance you will be prompted for the name of the database.

Graham

aaronroberson wrote:
I am also trying to access my mysql database on a virtual server.

I have set up a hostname in cpanel using the ip address of the virtual server and I am using that same ip address for the value of the hostname in dbmanager server manager.

Other than the db user id and password, I am using port 3306 and everything else is blank.

Could anyone tell me how to get my connection to work?
Aaron

grhmb
RE: Remote Connection Posted in 25th, 03/2015 04:41 by linmikey
You get the sense that Pele knows iphone 6 plus protective film what you are going to ask him even before you start to formulate the words. Double Sided Adhesive Perhaps it is just natural intuition, the same instinctive understanding for human behaviour—and how he can use that to his own advantage—that die cut helped make him the greatest footballer, and the most prolific goalscorer, Stand Up Pouches the sport has ever seen.

zenok5528 /

Remote Connection (1324 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General