Home » Forums » DBManager General

MySQL Server (993 previews)
MySQL Server Posted in 07th, 12/2004 02:48 by pscott829
I just finished configuring MySQL Server and by all accounts, it appears to be running fine and I have the stoplight (which is green). After the configuration, I opened DBTools and saw that I had created a testing database and an mysql database. Are there any signs that this server is not running properly which I should know about? It's odd my Apache Server appears to be running its services, but when I go to "http://localhost" -- nothing! Could it be that I need to log in as a root user? It appears that there is more than one application running on the dedicated port "80". How do I resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Peggy
Peggy Scott
Consultant
Re: MySQL Server Posted in 07th, 12/2004 09:25 by support
Hi,

pscott829 wrote:
Are there any signs that this server is not running properly which I should know about?

If you usually receive the message "Couldn't connect to server" it means something is wrong. There are some reasons:

- Server is down
- Firewal protection
- No network access

If you server is located on Windows you may check Services=>MySQL and see if it is started or not.

pscott829 wrote:
It's odd my Apache Server appears to be running its services, but when I go to "http://localhost" -- nothing! Could it be that I need to log in as a root user? It appears that there is more than one application running on the dedicated port "80". How do I resolve this issue?

Maybe you should consider looking for an answer in Apache website.

Ps: It would be nice if you add as much info as possible when reporting problems in this list. Although the problems above are not DBManager related you may find some helpful users answering questions about other stuff as well. If you questions doesn't have info enough to help understand the problem it's kinda hard to try to guess and provide useful info for you. The following are examples of info which would help anyone to help you:

- Database server version, widh additional info about the server where the dbserver is running: Windows, Linux, etc
- Windows version and service packs installed (where DBManager is installed)
- If you ask any related question concerning PHP, apache, MSAccess, etc, give as much info as possible concerning those applications

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: MySQL Server Posted in 07th, 12/2004 01:07 by pscott829
support wrote:
Hi,

pscott829 wrote:
Are there any signs that this server is not running properly which I should know about?

If you usually receive the message "Couldn't connect to server" it means something is wrong. There are some reasons:

- Server is down
- Firewal protection
- No network access

If you server is located on Windows you may check Services=>MySQL and see if it is started or not.

pscott829 wrote:
It's odd my Apache Server appears to be running its services, but when I go to "http://localhost" -- nothing! Could it be that I need to log in as a root user? It appears that there is more than one application running on the dedicated port "80". How do I resolve this issue?

Maybe you should consider looking for an answer in Apache website.

Ps: It would be nice if you add as much info as possible when reporting problems in this list. Although the problems above are not DBManager related you may find some helpful users answering questions about other stuff as well. If you questions doesn't have info enough to help understand the problem it's kinda hard to try to guess and provide useful info for you. The following are examples of info which would help anyone to help you:

- Database server version, widh additional info about the server where the dbserver is running: Windows, Linux, etc
- Windows version and service packs installed (where DBManager is installed)
- If you ask any related question concerning PHP, apache, MSAccess, etc, give as much info as possible concerning those applications

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software

pscott829 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestions. After I submitted the post I later realized that additional information about my problem would be helpful -- which is why I submitted it in the post entitled "MySql Server (Additional Information)". It was late and I couldn't figure out how to edit the post. It certainly isn't my intent to waste your time, nor do I want to frustrate you in any way. The fact that the Apache server issue came up was not so much a question directed to the forum per se (although any assistance in getting it up and running would be helpful), but rather a general question since I had just installed MySql server in the DBTools Manager.

I am a member of other forums and sometimes I have questions about unrelated product lines. They are usually very responsive to the needs of the forum and are willing and able to answer questions on unrelated issues. In the future, I will keep my questions within the confines of the DBTools product. Please do not frustrate yourself in answering my post related to the Apache issue. I'll pick Apache's brain on the matter.

Peggy Scott
Consultant
MySQL Server (993 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General