Home » Forums » DBManager General

Question on DBTools 3.0 and Import Data Wizard (966 previews)
Question on DBTools 3.0 and Import Data Wizard Posted in 17th, 11/2004 06:22 by rgreen
Dear Support,

This 3.0 is great!! Just in case no one told you so. I am working on my Import of a MS Access DB and noticed that two new options are available. Columns Auto Number as Integer and Rename of Reserved Words. I looked up the documentation on the AutoNumber feature but it doesn't seem to work correctly. It maybe I don't understand it also. I have a Primary Key in Access that field name is RecordId but was not defined when the table was built as AutoIncrement. Would this correct this problem in the migration to MySQL? I have tested it but it didn't work so please advise me on the correct manner or if I am way off base.

Thanks
Rick Green
Re: Question on DBTools 3.0 and Import Data Wizard Posted in 18th, 11/2004 11:09 by support
Hi,

Actually the meaning is the other way around. When you check "No Auto" means that even if in MSAccess the column is defined as Auto Number it won't be defined as such in the target database.
The "rename fields" option needs to be used for older mysql and some engine that doesn't allow reserved words to be used as object name. DBManager used to rename this automatically. In 3.0 we changed the default not renaming and only doing it if the user chooses to.

Hope that helps,

Support / DBTools Software
Question on DBTools 3.0 and Import Data Wizard (966 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General