Home » Forums » DBManager General

Importing MS-Access database questions (938 previews)
Importing MS-Access database questions Posted in 28th, 10/2004 05:56 by raymond.van.der.sterre
Hi there,

I have a few questions about importing a MS-Access database:

1. My access database is setup with a user/password. I can only insert the password into the import wizzard. Is that correct?

2. Deleting from the tables is working, but no inserts. When I try the same with an Access database without username/password, it only works table by table and not all at once. Why not?

Please help me, because this is a monthly job I have to do and I hate to export it table by table to Excel and then import the data table by table.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Raymond
Re: Importing MS-Access database questions Posted in 28th, 10/2004 09:36 by support
Hi,

raymond.van.der.sterre wrote:
Hi there,

1. My access database is setup with a user/password. I can only insert the password into the import wizzard. Is that correct?

Yes it is correct. Actually DBManager doesn't use any User to open the MSAccess DB.

raymond.van.der.sterre wrote:
2. Deleting from the tables is working, but no inserts. When I try the same with an Access database without username/password, it only works table by table and not all at once. Why not?

Can you explain this a little better? I couldn't figure out what you are doing. What do you mean by "table by table" and "all at once"?

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software
Re: Importing MS-Access database questions Posted in 28th, 10/2004 09:41 by raymond.van.der.sterre
What I try to do is:
Use the import wizzard to import a .mdb.
After selecting my MySQL database and selecting the tables I like to import, it is not working.
When I only import one table it is working. When I try to import all 4 tables at once, it fails.

So importing the 4 tables apart is working, but the 4 tables at once fails. And I don't know why. It does delete all data from the tables, but no inserts.
Raymond
Re: Importing MS-Access database questions Posted in 29th, 10/2004 09:31 by support
Hi,

Have you tried to check the LOGs? If you are not using logs you can enabled this feature at the end of the wizard. Check all prossibilities.
using this options you will end up with a file with all the messages (warning, errors, info, etc) including the SQL statements. THis is very useful to detect problems.
If that doesn't help, could you send a copy of the database so we can test it here?

Thanks,

Support / DBTools Software
Importing MS-Access database questions (938 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » DBManager General