Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features

Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? (3405 previews)
Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? Posted in 03th, 07/2004 12:31 by jamie
I need to set wait_timeout very low on my MySQL server because there are a large number of connections from web database driven web sites on my server. When set to a high value (e.g. the default, 28800) I quickly run out of connections and web sites break. However, I have interactive_timeout set high for real interactive clients (like DBManager).

It seems that DBManager doesn't use the CLIENT_INTERACTIVE option when connection, since connections get dropped in the short wait_timeout period.

Can this be added as on option under server management, or just added as the default connection option?

From MySQL manual: interactive_timeout The number of seconds the server waits for activity on an interactive connection before closing it. An interactive client is defined as a client that uses the CLIENT_INTERACTIVE option to mysql_real_connect(). See also wait_timeout.

Jamie
Re: Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? Posted in 04th, 07/2004 11:00 by support
Hi,

Until 2.3.0 version the DBmanager doesn't use any special option to connect to the server. In the next version we will add these options so it probably will work the way you spect.

Best Regards,

Support / DBTools Software
RE: Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? Posted in 23th, 10/2017 06:53 by panistefanin
I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!
myhr cvs

panistefanin / panistefanin

RE: Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? Posted in 21th, 08/2018 06:30 by jesadd
Users of the tools like to get latest featured designed options from here that is quite helpful for this purpose. Students like to hire writing helps from https://www.thebestessayservice.com/dissertationwriting.html here on cheap charges.

Kai William / Blankenship and Hancock Associates

Connect with CLIENT_INTERACTIVE to MySQL server? (3405 previews)
Legends

Topic has Replies
Topic With no Replies

Home » Forums » Suggestions and New Features